Tuesday, October 16, 2012

If I could as a question to the candidates

So tonight is the town hall style debate with "swing" voters.  First of all, I think it is strange that we give undecided voters any publicity by asking them things like "who won the debate?"  If you are undecided at this point you are not paying attention and too uninformed to have any credibility.  In fact, in my opinion, if after 8 years of Bush and 4 years of an obstructionist Republican party hell bent on preventing the Dems from solving any of our nations problems, if after all that you would even consider voting for a Republican, then I believe you have no credibility.  I know there are lots of intelligent people who vote Republican, but the Republican party of today is vastly different than it was even 30 years ago. 

OK, so if I could ask one question, this would be it:  "Climate Change is both an economic issue (look at American farmers right now) and an issue of national security (this according to the Pentagon).  What is your opinion about this and what would your administration do or not do with regards to this issue.  I would like you to touch on fossil fuels like coal, the Xcel Pipeline, green energy, oil subsidies, and international climate treaties. "

No comments: