note: Since I wrote this blog my feelings against the Clintons have intensified. Hearing the sound cut of Bill Clinton go on about what a great leader McCain is and then saying wouldn't it be great if in November we had two candidates to choose from who both love America. By suggesting Obama does not love America and by putting McCain above Obama AGAIN, Bill is sinking to the lowest level of 'us before the party'.! Damn it. And you know these words are carefully planned, not just some off the cuff remark. They seriously are telling people that McCain (basically a repeat of the past 7 years with Bush but even worse as McCain is much more of a hawk than Bush) is better than Obama. Now in a time when we need someone who can bring people together the Clintons are actually dividing the democratic party! (And of course if you look at Obama's RECORD you will see he has incredible success in bringing republicans over to his side to pass pretty liberal legislation). The sense of entitlement they have is astounding and the level to which they will stoop has caused me to loose any shred of respect I had for them. I respect SOME of the things they have done but as politicians and as a people they crossed the line for me. Plus the continual use of mis truths to slander Obama and the fear mongering. Well before I repeat myself you might as well just read what I already wrote:
Well everyone should be used to me speaking out when I see our political leaders doing things I disagree with. 7 years of criticizing Bush and you should all be used to that by now. Lately I have been critical of Hillary Clinton and I find the reaction I get interesting. I have been told to look in a mirror because when we criticize we are merely putting our own faults on others and I have been compared to an Evangelical Christian trying to ram Obama down people's throats. I have been warned that by criticizing Hillary I am contributing to the division within the democratic party and I have been warned that I am turning people off of Obama by going after Hillary and that I may be turning people off of Hillary, either way helping to elect McCain in November.
Now we need to be clear here. I am not searching for things to criticize Hillary on. I want to like her and to support her. I am not inventing things in order to devalue her bid for the nomination or to boost Obama's chances. I am, however, speaking out when I see Hillary do things that I think are wrong. And her recent fear mongering and untruths have been over the top, and force me, once again, to comment. While Hillary has virtually no chance of winning the nomination unless Obama is somehow disqualified or the remaining unpledged superdelagates decide to go against the winner of the primaries she (and her husband) continue to use dirty politics to discredit Obama, the nearly guaranteed winner of her party's primary.
Two of the things I dislike most about the Bush administration is their use of fear and lies to convince the American people to go along with them. Now Hillary is day after day using these same tactics. Not only do I deplore these tactics in the race against Obama but I dread a President who chooses to uses such tactics to control the American people. Plus Hillary continues to predict the downfall of the democratic party if she is not the nominee (and since she has little chance of winning...) and continues to prop up McCain as a viable candidate. This defeatist talk may come back to bite her and her party in the end.
The fear mongering came out the other day once again. (not to forget the 3AM phone call ad). Hillary actually said that 'We cannot end the war in Iraq, we cannot solve the health care issue, and we cannot solve the economic problems we have if we do not seat the delegates from Michigan and Florida' THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!! First off implying that we will lose in November if we do not seat the delegates is predicting failure in a scenario that might just happen. Plus her position on these two states is so backwards. What happened to Michigan and Florida was between the state and national parties. All the candidates at the time agreed to go along with the DNC and to not campaign in these states and to accept that the delegates would not be seated. Every candidate but Hillary actually took their names off the ballot in Michigan. Only now that she needs those delegates is she putting up such a fight. And to say the votes were fair when only she was on the ballot! And to say that Obama is bad because he wants to disenfranchise these states. Come on, Obama has been consistent the ENTIRE time, saying he will support whatever the DNC decides to do. He is just playing by the rules of his party so why attack him on this?
Bill Clinton just asked people whether or not they would prefer to have two candidates fighting it out in November who both love America, once again implying that even McCain is better than Obama. This was after he went on and on about how we all know that McCain is an honorable man and a good leader and that he loves America. Of course Hillary has suggested McCain is better than Obama more than once. The extent to which they have elevated McCain over Obama makes me think they might support McCain in November.
Since the beginning the Clinton Campaign has labeled Obama as inexperienced compared to her and that people should judge the candidates on their actions and not their words and speeches. Well what she should say is "judge me by my actions and Obama by my words against him" or more accurately "judge me by my words about my actions ..." For now that her schedules have been released to the public we see a very different reality from what she has told us.
While contacting the Canadian government and spreading lies about Obama and his alleged meeting with the Canadians regarding NAFTA just before the Ohio vote, Hillary claimed she was an internal critic of NAFTA in the Clinton White house. Now we see that she gave many speeches to the public, business people, and members of congress, praising NAFTA and urging people to support it. So either she lied about being an internal critic or she put on a public facade on the issue, either way troubling. Especially since this is a key factor in the most fundamental aspect of our current and future economic discussion. We need honesty about NAFTA free trade and such issues, not what Hillary is giving us. Obama? Time for another speech like your one on race to let us know candidly where you stand on trade issues.
Other claims made by Hillary about her involvement during her husbands presidency were unsubstantiated by the released documents. And of course there was the recent claim that Hillary went to Bosnia on a foreign relations mission because it was too dangerous for Bill and that she exited the plane under sniper fire. Now that testimony from Sinbad (the actor who was with her) and video of her exiting the plane has surfaced she admits she mis spoke about the incident.
Of course I am not too concerned about little lies like being under sniper fire when you weren't, she may have actually remembered it a different way, but on issues like NAFTA the truth is important and by far, even more important is NOT THROWING OBAMA UNDER THE BUS JUST BECAUSE YOU FEEL ENTITLED TO THE PRESIDENCY BECAUSE YOUR HUSBAND HELD THE POSITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
McCain is gonna be the easiest candidate to beat ever, but the longer this democratic primary drags on and the longer Hillary puts Obama down and boosts up McCain the less our chances will be in November. And McCain is more aggressive militarily than Bush ever was, he wants to expand the war in the Middle East to Iran and beyond, he is hostile towards Russia, he supports massive deregulation that has helped bring our economy and environment to its knees, he says he will appoint conservative judges tot he supreme court who will over turn Roe Vs Wade, etc, etc. We gotta win in November. So come on Hillary and stop the vile politics of division.
Of course all this being said if in November we must choose between McCain and Clinton I will vote for Clinton. I will no longer be proud to do so but I would rather vote for someone who likes McCain than to vote for McCain himself. I will not let my vote be a vote for McCain in any way but if Hillary is the nominee by some coup of super delegates at the convention I will vote for her regretfully. She has revieled to me her character and while politicians have some innate character flaws and I am not assuming Obama is an angel, she has lost my respect.
Friday, March 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment